LIANZA Connect is an important tool to help you initiate and join professional discussions, answer or ask questions, connect with others in the sector, and receive or share news and resources.
You’ll be able to connect to many of your colleagues who share your challenges, uncertainties, and successes in libraries and information services throughout the country. We hope you will find it to be a place where you can ask for advice, share your experiences, share resources, and build relationships.
It’s built on the same platform used by other associations such as the American Library Association (ALA) and Record and Information Professionals Australasia (RIMPA).
Once you’ve joined, you’ll get alerts in your email based on the communities you join.
We hope you will join us on the platform.
“The way you can join communities so that you get content appropriate to your interests rather than everything like you do on some mailing lists.”
HOW TO JOIN AND USE LIANZA CONNECT
- Set up your profile by going to the headshot in the top right of the browser next to search or clicking the COMPLETE MY PROFILE in the quick links on the right of the home page.
- Use the DIRECTORY or click CONNECT in response to a post to search for your peers and send a contact request. If you put % into the first name, you will get a complete list of people.
- Join a community by going into COMMUNITIES on the browser, go into suggested communities and select the ones you want.
- Post a message or question to your peers, go to PARTICIPATE on the browser and then post a message by following the instructions.
- Or join the latest discussions and reply to a post.
- Go to the FAQs link on the home page or email us if you still have questions.
To change how often you get community alerts in your emails, go into your profile and click on My Account. You can into community notifications and change how often you get community alerts or into email preferences to get emails or not.
DOWNLOADING THE LIANZA CONNECT MOBILE APP
- On your mobile device, go to your platform's App Store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store).
- Search for Connected Community.
- Download the app.
- See Mobile App - Log In to learn how to log in to your Higher Logic Thrive Community (Thrive Community) via the app.
- It will ask you which directory you want to join - put in lianza.connectedcommunity.org and sign in
And here you will find the instructions on how to access your specific community.