The travel research team will visit and learn from community and cultural hub libraries in Australia to:
- Broaden the understanding of the range of library service delivery possibilities available for local government and their library leaders.
- Enhance the research outcomes of the recent LGNZ Libraries as a Service Delivery research project.
- Identify and report back on current trends for new library spaces and services that enhance the delivery of community and cultural wellbeing.
Other representatives to visit Australia include:
- Marion Read, Local Government New Zealand Te Kahui Kaunihera ō Aotearoa (LGNZ) representative.
- Denise Clarkson, Upper Hutt Libraries Te Awa Kairangi ki Uta, Public Libraries NZ (PLNZ) representative.
- Māia Abraham, Christchurch City Libraries Ngā Kete Wānanga o Ōtautahi, Te Rōpū Whakahau representative.
- Siren Deluxe, Kāpiti Libraries, NZLPP Te Whiria Tangata kākaho representative.