This review of LIANZA’s strategic leadership governance and organisational structure aims to position the association for the future. The outcomes sought by the proposed changes include;
- Enabling LIANZA to thrive and respond sustainably in the rapidly changing environment.
- Facilitating collaboration with the GLAMMIR sector and beyond.
- Strengthening sector and special interest views on LIANZA Council to enable diverse perspectives at governance level
- Providing future-focused advocacy and strategic leadership that enables LIANZA to speak authoritatively on behalf of the profession
- Increasing the connection and interactions between all the different parts of LIANZ
- Greater engagement with sector leaders to articulate strategic issues and enable effective strategic focus.
- Strengthening the ability of LIANZA to advocate on future-focused national and international priorities, and potential partnerships and stakeholder
- Increasing the reach of association by engaging beyond the LIS sector.
- Energising the sector to contribute people and resources to LIANZA initiatives.
- Increasing ‘mana’ of association
- Strengthening the LIANZA and Te Rōpū Whakahau partnership at a strategic level
All members will have the opportunity to respond to the proposed changes via an online survey in late September. Feedback received be analysed and used to refine the proposal. A final workshop at the 2021 LIANZA Conference will outline the recommended changes required to the LIANZA Rules for voting at the annual general meeting.