LIANZA is calling for expressions of interest in the position of LIANZA representative on the New Zealand Book Awards Trust (NZBAT) for the next three-year term 2019-2021. This board position was created in 2015, as part of the transfer of LIANZA Children’s Book Awards to NZ Book Awards Trust. LIANZA and NZBAT are working actively together to enable the New Zealand Book Awards for Children and Young Adults (NZCYA) to continue to flourish. The trustee will also represent the interests of LIANZA and librarians in the other properties NZBAT governs, including the Ockham New Zealand Book Awards and Phantom Billstickers National Poetry Day.
What are we looking for?
A LIANZA member with:
· A passion for and knowledge of great literature, particularly for children and young adults
· Commitment to hands-on engagement with the awards
· A strong network within the library and information profession
· Governance or senior committee membership experience
What are you committing to?
· Attend regular board meetings (usually three to four a year) both in person and by phone conference
· This is an operational board and the role will require a commitment averaging 5-10 hours per month.
· Attend two face-to-face meetings each year either in Wellington or Auckland.
· Sit on a least one sub-committee , which will involve up to three phone conference meetings a year
· Help with the delivery of the various properties managed by the NZBAT
· Facilitate communications between NZBAT and LIANZA members
· Report on a quarterly basis to LIANZA Council
Your travel costs to meetings will be paid by LIANZA.
If you are keen to assist LIANZA and NZBAT to grow the profile of the New Zealand Book Awards for Children and Young Adults and the Trust’s other properties, this may be a great professional opportunity for you!
The New Zealand Book Awards Trust was established as a charitable trust in 2014 to govern and manage the country’s two major literary awards and National Poetry Day, and to ensure their longevity and credibility. Other trustees comprise representatives of the Publishers Association of NZ, Booksellers NZ and the NZ Society of Authors, plus four independent trustees. To find out more about the work NZBAT does, visit http://www.nzbookawards.nz/.
Your expression of interest should include your CV and a covering letter outlining what you could offer the trust and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday May 3.
If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact: