Welcome to Libraries Aotearoa
Libraries Aotearoa was developed by LIANZA – the Library and Information Association of New Zealand Aotearoa – in partnership with the library sector. It represents all libraries and provides one powerful network guiding our country on its journey to knowledge.
Here you will find latest news, information, research, statistics and trends from the library sector. This site is a work in progress, which will continue to grow as new research comes to hand. Libraries Aotearoa is now home to Library Life – the go-to magazine for New Zealand librarians.
LIANZA Conference 2019 Update
1. Early Bird Registrations are open for another few weeks!
2. Meet our seven fantastic keynote speakers.
3. We invite you to discover our two fantastic Conference Challenges
4. Check out the conference timetable and programme and start planning
5. Get your outfit organised for the Royal Garland Conference Dinner - brush off your kilt, tuxedo, gown, sari or puletasi and get ready for a night of celebration
New Special Interest Group for LIANZA
LIANZA has a new special interest community for librarians serving customers with disabilities. You can meet up with tAccessibility SIG members at #LIANZA19 Conference
LIANZA Community Contestable Fund
Do you have an initiative, a community or research project that needs some funding?
LIANZA is pleased to announce that the new LIANZA Community Contestable Fund is opening next week for applications from its communities.
The purpose of the contestable fund is to provide equitable access to funding support for research, advocacy, community projects and new initiatives. All LIANZA regional communities and special interest communities are eligible to apply.
Look out for when applications are open.
Become a member of LIANZA